INTERLOCKING CRANE OUTRIGGER MATS – ALIMATS®
WHAT ARE ALMATS®?
ALMATS® are a patented fully interlocking crane outrigger mat system which comes in a variety of module sizes and are all handleable due to their lightweight but strong characteristics.
The patented interlocking design enables load spread between mat modules which enables even load distribution onto the ground, this is vitally important particular on our larger mat options.
CURRENT INDUSTRY CHALLENGE
- Mobile cranes exert high pressure onto the ground through their outriggers.
- To avoid the potential dangers of the ground under a crane outrigger giving way, subsequently causing potential collapse, it is imperative that the applied outrigger load is spread over a larger area.
- With ongoing concerns around climate change, which more recently has resulted in extreme variable weather conditions, ground loadbearing test results for a given area can vary from day to day.
- In February 2020 there was the highest rainfall in the UK since records began.
THE INDUSTRY NORM –
LARGE TIMBER SLEEPERS OR HEAVY STEEL PLATE
- Both are very heavy making them difficult to install and move into position.
- Timber is an organic material which can lose its strength over time.
- Some outrigger mat solutions require a crane to lift into place which can involve short rigging to install.
- These methods can often lead to a delayed start and extend completion dates which incurs associated extra unwanted costs.
BENEFITS OF USING ALIMATS® – INTERLOCKING CRANE OUTRIGGER MATS
- Interlocking – Fully patented interlocking system which enables load spread between modules
- Lightweight – Weighing only 38kg/m² which can be easily unloaded by hand
- Modular – From standard modules multiple mat configurations available
- Sustainable – Can be transported to site in a small van
- Safe – No additional plant required to place and remove
- Availability – Fully load tested system manufactured from extrude aluminium
- Multiple Applications – Suitable for Cranes / MEWPS / Concrete Pumps / Scaffolding
DID YOU KNOW?
ALIMATS® were recently used on Whitby Pier to replace a new 27m long footbridge weighing 9T.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE?
Get in touch today to discuss your requirements and lets see how we can help you with our brilliant products.