HOLLOWCORE SHUTTER CLIPS
WHAT ARE HOLLOWCORE SHUTTER CLIPS?
Our patented hollowcore core shutter clips are a pre-formed shaped board with integrated flexible wings that instantly seals the joints between precast beams.
This practice ensures in-situ joint between units complies with Robust Detail E-FC-4 and Building Regulations (Part B / Part E / Part F) requirements.
CURRENT INDUSTRY CHALLENGE
- For a hollowcore floor to be structurally sound and comply with relevant standards (Robust Details and Building Regulations) the joints need to be grouted with structural concrete.
THE INDUSTRY NORM –
SHORT FILL ENDS OF UNITS
- It is becoming increasingly popular to site mix concrete on the deck in lieu of ready mixed concrete.
- Site mixing concrete on the deck increases exposure to silica dust, manual handling, repetitive strain and may not meet specification requirements.
- Ready mix concrete is more expensive and shuttering (temporary works) is required to unit ends to prevent concrete loss into the cavity.
- In some cases it is not possible to install temporary shuttering due to the location of the leading edge.
BENEFITS OF USING SHUTTER CLIPS
- Sustainable – Shutter clips are manufactured from recycled Polypropylene plastic
- Lightweight – Shutter clips are extremely lightweight
- Fast – Extremely fast solution when you compare this to timber shuttering
- Robust – Meets Robust Detail E-FC-4 and Building Regulations (Part B / Part E / Part F) requirements. In additional to this full load transfer can occur between hollowcore floor units
- Safe – No temporary works required, no hand tools or loose fixings required, no exposure to: silica dust, manual handling and repetitive strain
DID YOU KNOW?
Our Shutter Clips are specified by some leading developers when traditional methods of construction are adopted.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE?
Get in touch today to discuss your requirements and lets see how we can help you with our brilliant products.