PALLET LIFTING – THE ALL NEW SLAPP CLAMP
WHAT IS THE ALL NEW SLAPP CLAMP?
The Safe Lightweight Adjustable Pressing Pallet (SLAPP) lifter – the SLAPP Clamp is a safe, lightweight alternative to brick forks and is suitable for lifting block packs and mortar tubs.
CURRENT INDUSTRY CHALLENGE
- Moving brick or block pallets and mortar tubs is an essential to daily site operations and common problems is ensuring product stability during lifting and often many sites do not have pallet forks available, resulting in compromised standards of load stability and risks to the health and safety of site personnel.
THE INDUSTRY NORM –
STANDARD BRICK FORKS
- Are large and heavy, making them awkward in use and difficult to manhandle. Pre-cast concrete erectors generally travel to site in vans loaded to capacity with personnel and equipment. This prohibits the ability to carry brick forks as a standard item of equipment.
- In some cases the plant is not available or being used elsewhere on-site which causes associated delay costs and disruption.
BENEFITS OF USING THE SLAPP CLAMP
- Modular – The SLAPP Clamp system comes as a standard kit of parts
- Lightweight – The entire kit of parts weighs under 50kg, traditional brick forks weigh up to 250kg
- Robust – The SLAPP Clamp is manufactured from steel plate
- Safe – Ensures quick and safe lifting operations with the load clamped, ensuring it is safe and secure
- Flexible – As the system is fully demountable and it can be transported in a small van or car. When stored vertically the system is only 150mm wide
- Strong – Fully tested system with a safe working load of 1.8tonnes
- Multiple Applications – The SLAPP Clamp system is capable of lifting all types of products. It’s also suitable for lifting mortar tubs which eliminates any spillage during lifting.
Slide the lightweight tines through the pallet and lower / lift the SLAPP Clamp on top of the load.
Connect the four chain hooks to the tines and shorten the chains as tight as possible using the adjuster clutch. The chains should be equal in length and this has been made easier by colour coding the chain links.
The load can now be lifted and because the weight is being transferred through the clutch, the “U” section is pulled down on top of the load. This securely clamps the item being lifted, compressing the materials into position.
DID YOU KNOW?
Our SLAPP Clamp is currently being used by one of largest precast concrete manufacturer on their Hiab deliveries.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE?
Get in touch today to discuss your requirements and lets see how we can help you with our brilliant products.